Only transceiver vendor worldwide approved in Brocade switches (FOS & DCR)
• Remove need for active transmission systems from ADVA, Ciena, MRV, Nortel, etc
• 16 CWDM Channels (up to 100km)
• 64 DWDM Channels (up to 80km)
Only vendor with SFP+ CWDM solutions
• 8G FC and 10G Ethernet
• 16 channels at 40km;
• 8 channels at 70km
• Nothing from Cisco
EmbeddedWDM massively reduces solution cost
• <20% of equivalent active DWDM solution cost with same capacity
• Enables SAN projects to go ahead on time and in budget
• SmartOptics have made 300+ Brocade WDM installations in last 2 years.
”Distance Extensions” between DCs
• DCs typically connected via Carrier Managed Service, FCoIP or C/DWDM system
• C/DWDM systems account for approx 30% of DC connectivity
• “Active” platforms from Adva, Ciena, Nortel, Cisco, etc were previously dominant.
• Complicated and expensive; DWDM is significant part of sale (50%+)
• Customer doesn’t have budget or trained engineers to support this, project stalls
• Alternative to active DWDM systems: Same functionality, fraction of the cost
• Simple design, easy installation
• Handles all 1/10GEthernet and 2/4/8/16G FC protocols on same system
• Low % cost of overall solution; Green light to overall project
• No Special configurations, maintenance, FW upgrades or hidden opex.
• No Power Reqts. = High Reliability, Green Data Centre.